Do you have quilt patterns or tutorials that you need checked by a professional editor?
I offer high-quality technical editing of quilt patterns at reasonable prices.
Send me your quilt patterns or tutorials, and I will ensure that:
- your instructions are clear and comprehensive
- your text is grammatically correct
- your text matches the diagrams, and vice versa
- your diagrams are clear
- your cutting instructions (including numbers and sizes of pieces) are accurate
- your yardage requirements are correct
- your terminology is consistent
Respect your customers’ time and effort by ensuring that your patterns are error-free and easy to use. Don’t rely on voluntary pattern testers to fix your mistakes. Protect your brand by ensuring that your work is the best it can be, before it hits the market.
Prices are based on the length and complexity of the written work. Technical editing can be done without actually making the quilt or quilt block, so there is no need to factor in the price of fabric or other materials. All I need is the document, preferably in Microsoft Word format or PDF.
I am an Accredited Editor and a member of the Institute of Professional Editors.
For more information, email me at caroline [dot] hadley [at] gmail [dot] com
You can also read more about my professional editing experience on LinkedIn.